Question

steppieb

How do I resolve this when the holder of the judgment is not willing to communicate with me?
I have a judgement that is only showing on one of my credit reports. I have made several attempts to contact the holder of the judgment to try to resolve it yet she has not responded to any of my attempts. What options do I have at this point?

Were you served?

To get a judgement, a court action must be taken and somebody has to notify you that said action is being considered so you can appear at court.  If you were not served any summons to appear, then it is possible someone else's information was placed on that credit report and you should filke a dispute.  The credit bureau has to invewstigate and issue revided credit report with a couple of months.

steppieb

I did appear in court and the problem I have with this is a deposit of $1500 was never returned nor was it applied to the balance which is why I feel the balance is incorrect.  Do I have to get an attorney to fight this in court or to file a motion to have this vacated?