Question

sassycat117

HOW DO I REPORT POSITIVE PAYMENTS IF A CREDITOR DOESN'T?
I bought furniture through Progressive Finance and paid off over $1200 in 3 months. I then purchased more and paid off over $700 within the 3 month same as cash deal. I made weekly payments, never late. I was told when I purchased that it would be reported to the credit bureaus but have since found that to be untrue. Progressive sent me a history of my payments showing a very positive payoff. How do I, as an individual, get this added to my credit report?

Most Helpful Response

Wrong

I work for Art Van Furniture. You CAN have this shown to your credit report by simply calling Progressive Finance and requesting a letter of payment and credit of the loan. This letter once recieved can be sent to the creditors.  

Progressive Finance will not sent it directly because they are indeed a no credit check option whicheans they don't report to the three major creditors. But YES you can send th a letter to show to the creditors. 

wastedflame

I found the answer to my own question

• Equifax: 800-685-1111 (general) or 800-525-6285 (fraud); P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374; www.equifax.com
  • Experian: 888-397-3742 (general and fraud); PO Box 2002, Allen, TX 75013, www.experian.com.
  • TransUnion: 800-888-4213 (general) or 800-680-7289 (fraud); P.O. Box 2000, Chester, PA 19022; www.transunion.com.

wastedflame

Send the letters where?  I can't find a mailing address for the three credit bureaus

tperez666

That's not true. I have account as with aarons sales and leading. They don't do a credit check either. But they always report to credit bureaus. Just because they don't do a credit check doesn't mean they don't report

Magnum3571121

why would you tell them something so bogus especially if you actually work for a furniture store. The only people that can report to a credit agency is a verified credit reporting business or agency a letter from your mommy or the store wont do anything here and is a complete waist of time period. If this was actually true people would be fabricating letters left and right to boost their score. If you dont know just dont say anything, Dont give some bogus info making them waist God knows how many hours in getting three letters then sending them to the 3 major bureaus only to find that you had no idea what your talking about !

fitalittlebit

thank you. I'm adding letter to my reports.

Progessive

I recently did the same thing, paid of $2400 of furniture within their "90 days same as cash" option to prevent having to pay twice the amount by the time I would have paid it off in the long run.   Progressive did tell me in the beginning that they don't report to the credit bureaus.  So, this was the same question I had in mind and found the numbers you provided to report it.  Thanks!

angel4decale

Hello Donnie, did it work for you?

Short answer is you can't.  Creditors pay money to the credit bureaus to report data, and not all of them want to spend the money, so they don't report.  In addition, bureaus require creditors to report a minimum number of accounts (in the hundreds) or they won't accept the data, so some small creditors don't qualify. Only thing you can do is in the future make your purchases with a big-name national company who is sure to report their data.

fitalittlebit

mine was with art van they are a descent size. I bet if we didn't pay it would be on our credit report. I'm going to add payment history as personal statement on each report.

Did you ever send it off and get it added to your account?? I'm in the same boat

Bad credit

These creditors that do not report 2 credit bureaus but if you don't pay and you are always late they will report it it's backwards and sad

Nobody

If im not mistaken, the reason why they're not reporting is because you are paying the stuff off at 3 months the bureaus get reported on a quarterly basis so you would have to have the account open longer than 3 months at a time for you to get a report in

progressive finance

the exact same thing happened to me. what did you do? I don't see no answer in thread

Has any one sent the report to the creditors and gotten an response back

Installment loans

I have been getting Installment loans with my car as collateral off and on for over five years from the same place. They have never reported it to the credit bureaus and I have always made payments on time and paid all of them off. Can I request to have them added myself?

What else needs to be inculded in the letter? Just what Progressive sends me?