Question

sassycat117

HOW DO I REPORT POSITIVE PAYMENTS IF A CREDITOR DOESN'T?
I bought furniture through Progressive Finance and paid off over $1200 in 3 months. I then purchased more and paid off over $700 within the 3 month same as cash deal. I made weekly payments, never late. I was told when I purchased that it would be reported to the credit bureaus but have since found that to be untrue. Progressive sent me a history of my payments showing a very positive payoff. How do I, as an individual, get this added to my credit report?

Most Helpful Response

Wrong

I work for Art Van Furniture. You CAN have this shown to your credit report by simply calling Progressive Finance and requesting a letter of payment and credit of the loan. This letter once recieved can be sent to the creditors.  

Progressive Finance will not sent it directly because they are indeed a no credit check option whicheans they don't report to the three major creditors. But YES you can send th a letter to show to the creditors. 

wastedflame

I found the answer to my own question

• Equifax: 800-685-1111 (general) or 800-525-6285 (fraud); P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374; www.equifax.com
  • Experian: 888-397-3742 (general and fraud); PO Box 2002, Allen, TX 75013, www.experian.com.
  • TransUnion: 800-888-4213 (general) or 800-680-7289 (fraud); P.O. Box 2000, Chester, PA 19022; www.transunion.com.

wastedflame

Send the letters where?  I can't find a mailing address for the three credit bureaus

tperez666

That's not true. I have account as with aarons sales and leading. They don't do a credit check either. But they always report to credit bureaus. Just because they don't do a credit check doesn't mean they don't report

Short answer is you can't.  Creditors pay money to the credit bureaus to report data, and not all of them want to spend the money, so they don't report.  In addition, bureaus require creditors to report a minimum number of accounts (in the hundreds) or they won't accept the data, so some small creditors don't qualify. Only thing you can do is in the future make your purchases with a big-name national company who is sure to report their data.

Progessive

I recently did the same thing, paid of $2400 of furniture within their "90 days same as cash" option to prevent having to pay twice the amount by the time I would have paid it off in the long run.   Progressive did tell me in the beginning that they don't report to the credit bureaus.  So, this was the same question I had in mind and found the numbers you provided to report it.  Thanks!

angel4decale

Hello Donnie, did it work for you?

Did you ever send it off and get it added to your account?? I'm in the same boat

What can I do if a creditor suddenly stopped reporting but im still making on time payments? I just found out they havent reported in two years??

pennstate04

call and ask them why, but there really isn't much you can do. that's why it's always best to do your reserach on creditors before taking loans with them. make sure they report if you're counting on them for that!!! 

Has any one sent the report to the creditors and gotten an response back

Credit Karma scores inaccurate

My wife's transunion score matches credit karma. Mine is refectec 75 points lower than actual transunion. I expect the same old tired rhetoric and canned answers about all the variables blah blah blah. The fact is our payments are electronic and paid on time with no new charges. If we do use a credit card it's for gas and we have paid hem all off in full before they are due. It would be so refreshing to have someone explaine that discrepancy without the standard FAQ responses.

gary

pennstate04

print both reports out and investigate the difference. that seems like a pretty big difference to be accounted for in different models etc (vantage vs FICO 8 etc). that's really the only way to know why the difference is. it's entirely possible one of you has a derogatory account, that is only reported to one agency. but that's really just a guess. look at the reports. 

I do I get my credit report? What happened to the link, on your site, to get same? What is going on with CK? Are you going bankrupt or selling to some other firm?

I really liked what I saw a few weeks ago .... and now it's like a joke!

I don't give a flip about your blogs, etc.

I want to see my credit report whenever I want to see it....period.

I do, however, like some of your analytic info.

simonsimon2012

Credit Karma is NOT an "on-demand" credit report site. It shows you your basic approximated credit score based on Transunion credit bureau's most current reporting information, AND your information gathered by connecting your credit accts. Although Credit Karma updates your information every week, the Bureaus DO NOT. If you are expecting to get something different, you are looking in the wrong place. Credit Karma is a BASELINE representation and question and answer site, as well as a provider of insight and analysis of where you need to improve and how to go about it. The blogs and forums are for people who need discussion groups to talk out issues relating to credit.

pennstate04

your credit report and all accounts associated with it can be found under the credit report link. 

you don't. if they don't report it, you cannot report it to the credit reporting agencies for payment history.