Question

Nancy910

How do I report a scam event to alert credit bureau of possibility of opening false accounts?
I was victim of possible scam. I did provide some personal information and am concerned someone will try to open accounts, etc. in my name. How do I alert credit bureau companies of this and request they question new records in my name?

What kind of personal info did you give? If you did not give your social security number, there is probably little to worry about. If you did give your social security number you may wish to place a freeze on your credit. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites with instructions on how to freeze your credit reports. They also have their contact info.