Question

CreditCurious21

How do I remove three derogatory marks in collection on my credit report in regards to medical bills
I have three derogatory marks in collection on my credit report in reference to medical bills for $531 and $813 opened 2011 and updated in 2013 and $1210 opened in 2011 and updated in 2015. I think they stay on my record until 2018. Is that correct? How can I elimate them from my credit report? I don't recall those charges and have always had medical insurance. Will I just need to pay them to remove the negative information? Is that the only option? Is there a statute of limitation for Florida? I want to improve and perfect my score and these items are the only negatives in my report. Thank you for your time and any and all responses.

The seven year reporting time period begins at the time that the original account went delinquent, not when the collection was opened. If you truly do not believe that these are your accounts then you should dispute them with the credit bureaus. If you do believe that these are your accounts, you want to offer the debt collector a "pay for delete" offer. A "pay for delete agreement" is done prior to paying, you get them to agree to remove the account from your reports in exchange for your payment. Getting a collection account marked as paid does nothing to really help your credit profile or scores and that is why you need to work to get the account completely removed from your reports. The credit reporting time period of seven years is basically the same for all states with the exception of paid debt in New York, it can be removed in five years. The Statute Of Limitations to be sued for debt varies from state to state, you can do some Googling to find that information. Don't just pay these accounts without understanding everything about old collections, do your homework on this before you proceed with any action, but don't delay getting this taken care of, collections really hurt scores.