Question

Missa06

How do I remove stuff from my account?
I have a few accounts that are paid off. Some are almost 10 years old. I called and asked why they are still on there. They told me it takes 7-10 years or more sometimes for things to fall off. All of the accounts are from the same place and were paid on time. Is it hurting leaving them there? And is there a way to have them removed?

If the accounts have a history of on-time regular payments, that is the history you want reported for as long as possible since it is a GOOD record.  You only want bad stuff off as quickly as possible.

You really should take some time to read about credit before you start trying to make adjustments to your reports. It is a good thing that you asked on here first and that I commend you for, but designate some time everyday to read everything that you can on credit, this is important stuff and the knowledge that you gain will be valuable for the rest of your life and it will give you a better future. What you are talking about doing here would HURT your credit. You never want to remove accounts that were closed in good standing, that would be a really really bad move. Start studying about credit and any questions along the way feel free to ask, but I beg you to not start taking any actions with your credit until you understand what is going on, mistakes in the credit game can be very costly and can cause years of hardship.