Question

PBRAH041

How do I remove my ex-wife's credit card balances from my credit score?
How do I get my self removed from my ex-wife's credit card balances. Please give my the steps to go through...

Most Helpful Response

You may still be responsible for the balance on the card, hence the reporting on your credit report. The credit card companies are not bound by the terms of the court and will still come after you for payment, in the event she defaults, if you are in fact still responsible.

Talk to your credit card companies and see if that is the case. If so then see if they will remove you as a creditor with your devorce decree. They normally have no obligation to but may if the balance is not too great.