Question

AngryDane

How do I remove incorrect names from my credit reports?
I have some variations of my name, which I assume are typos, on my credit reports, how do I get them corrected or removed?

I want you to remove the nickname "Lockington" from my credit report. Thank you! 

Michael S Johnson shows on my credit report and this is not me.  I am black and he is white.  I would like to have them removed along with his bad credit

Names on your credit report

Are names given when an inquiry is done by a lender. They are sometimes a sign of attempted fraud.

I would suggest that you file a dispute on the credit bureaus websites. You can do that for free. Just go to the website and look for a button marked "file a dipute". I would be sure to file with all 3 reporting agencies  they may not cross report that info.  

Im not sure if they will remove them but it's worth a shot. Typo's do happen all the time. It's one of the reasons you need to check your reports at least once a year.  

Good luck.