Question

repeat226

How do I remove hard inquiries? A car dealership ran 10 different inquiries. I expected 1 or 2.

Most Helpful Response

Removing Inquiries

Repeat226,

Unfortunately, you cannot have inquiries removed if you gave the dealership permission to process them. The good news is that they affect your credit less over time, and most FICO scoring models (how they calculate your score) will recognize that they were part of ONE request for credit and lump them together - instead of counting them individually. 

The inquiries will stay on your report for (up to) 2 years, but they shouldn't affect your credit much after they've aged past 12 months. Credit bureaus have a strict policy of not removing inquiries unless they were run by by someone you DID NOT give permission to - and it's a fairly annoying process. The only way you would be able to get an inquiry removed from your report is to contact the company that pulled your credit directly and request that they remove it. BE ADVISED: they are not under any obligation to remove the inquiry unless they did it illegally (without permission). 

For example: I had been dealing with a credit union as a new member and was working with an employee who was also new, they had pulled my credit once to open my account and I was told they wouldn't pull it again for 60 days - even if I applied for a credit card. Long story short, when I applied a few days later, they wrongly pulled my credit again and it took them 4 weeks to get it removed from my credit. This was just time that the credit union spent trying to get the bureau to remove THEIR error. 

I hope this all helps! 

You can not.  But since this was to buy a car and all ran within a day it sounds like, do not worry.  The scoring systems allow for you to shop rates for cars and homes within a week to a month (depending on the system) and not have it affect your score.  If you did see a score drop it should only have dropped you the amount of one inquiry within a week or two once they see no more.

raw24

That is what they preach but in reality that is not what they practice.  Do not believe this.

deleted items

i love credit karma they are helping me dispute major items on my credit. the only problem i'm having is understanding why if the item was deleted, how come my score is going down instead of going up?

Hard inquirys

Car dealership ran several hard inquiries without my permission, I expected one!

Help

I am finding it very hard too dispute any thing I have 16 hard inquiries I want too dispute every one of them the did not have permission I need help if anyone can solve this problem

I did not deals Cable Dahmer Chevrolet permission to run multiple hard copies oh my credit

Help

Hey man. Lexington Law works with people from Credit Karma. I heard about them through here while scrolling one day. Give them a ring. It costs money but they help remove items from your credit and let you dispute items through them at the same time and have a higher chance for the item to be removed. I got late payments removed from my report and I am looking a lot better off and the payment of their service was worth it to me. I think you can challenge or dispute hard inquiries too on there using the Inquiry Assist function online!! LL is awesome and you should consider giving them a try.