Question

jgll123

HOW DO I REMOVE CREDIT CARDS I NO LONGER USE
I NOW ONLY USE 4 CREDIT CARDSS.....MASTERCARD, AMAZON STORECARD, O.CO MASTERCARD, AND CHASE VISA. HOW DO I REMOVE THE OTHER CARDS FROM MY REPORT.......THANKS SO MUCH. JANET GLEASON

Most Helpful Response

Don't Shout, please.

Dooing all capital letters on computer posts is the same as shouting in person, which is not necessary.

You cannot remove reports of credit cards you have or had even if they are not used.  The fact that the cards are in your name will be on your credit reports for 7 years as required under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, which is a federal regulation.  As long as you still have them, they will be reported on your credit reports, which can be good because it shows how much available credit you have been granted.  Any negatives regarding the cards will drop off in 7 years.

So keep the unused cards in a safe place (I have a portable safe at home) and use them sparingly.  It will help your credit score that way.

Mark Bradley

There are a couple of cards that have been listed 2 times.  How do I correct this?

Thanks

Mark