Question

DeeRon

How do I remove collections off my credit report using a police report?
I heard from a few of my associates that I can get collections off my report using a police report and they will be removed within 30 days. According to them, this method is used more frequently than any other method of credit repair. This method is also called a "credit sweep". Is this true? If so, how can I get started with this procedure? I know I need to file a police report but how can I file it for collections that are dated back a few years ago? Good advice is needed. Thanks

Don't see that happening.

Police have enough to do in their daily work without having to bother (and this would be a real bother) with something as non-criminal as collection accounts.  My late father was a police officer for over 30 years and this "sweep" is something he never spoke of, so I think your associates either have wrong information from somewhere or are feeding you  a story.

The Fair Credit Reporting Act is a federal regulation that requires reporting ALL credit activities.  There are also requirement for how long the activities will remain on one's credit report (7 years for most, 10 years for Chapter7 Bankruptcy) and there are no "loopholes' allowing the reports to be removed any sooner than stated.

Sorry.