Question

anediag

How do I remove closed accounts? Do I need to?
On one report I have 18 closed accounts, 26 on the other. Most are 5-10 years old and paid. Does it hurt my credit to have those on there? I have 5 active accounts on both that are being paid on time. I'm really trying to rebuild my credit and want to take care of as many derogatory items as possible.

Accounts closed in good standing help your credit, NEVER try to remove them, it would cause damage to your credit. If the closed accounts are in negative status, yes they are hurting your credit. There can be different ways to handle these. If this is your case, I suggest asking a new question and give details on the accounts you wish to tackle and further advice can be given. We would need to know the kind of account, the age, the status, etc. Just DO NOT give any personal info or account numbers this is a public forum.