Question

josie2929

How do I remove closed accounts

Closed Accounts

I have closed accounts that are at a zero balance that are 10 and 11 years old and they have been showing negatively on my credit. How do I go about getting these removed. They were not paid on time so they reflect negatively on my credit. It was from when I was younger and my name was on a car as a co-owner I had the car in my posession for a year then when my now ex got back from overseas with the military we split and he kept the car and he totaled and voluntarily repoed the car and took an insurance check and cashed it. The car has been sitting on my credit for 10 years now and the account is closed with a zero balance and my other negative accounts were student loans that I struggled to pay off. These things need to go, how do I go about doing so?

Never try to remove accounts that were closed in good standing, but beyond that you really do not get to chose when to remove accounts. Most negative accounts will only stay on your reports for seven years. For any more specific advice, be more specific with your question.