Question

louis411

how do I remove cc I am not resposible for

louid411

The cc company is where I would start. 

Why do you think your name shouldnt be on it?

Do you have no idea what this is?, Or is this the result of a divorce or something and you want you name removed?

I would start with the cc company and see why your name is on it.  If this is a leftover from a divorce or something, then I think the only thing that can be done is to close the account.  If your name was ever legitimately on it, then you need to close it to remove your name.  That is what I went thru years ago.

There may be another way, but I have no idea what it would be.  I would ignore anything anyone tells you except the cc company and the credit bureaus.  Because thats all that really matters.

If your name never should have been on it in the first place, then that becomes a legal issue which you can start by inquiring with the cc company, but if you get nowhere with them, the next step is the courthouse.  If I were you I would run this down before it causes you more trouble.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Rich

Check your credit reports!!!

Go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of all three credit reports.  Look them over very carefully and, since errors are common on reports, file disputes on all WRONG information with the credit bureau reporting same.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete the disputed item.  Make this check up an annual routine.

Filing a lawsuit is expensive and should be avoided.  Courts are bogged down with too much frivolous junk as it is. Reason usually works better.