Question

islander91

How do I remove an old bad debt that's been paid off from my credit history? It's been 7 years.
I paid off a debt when I found out I even had one from the military. It's been 7 years already and the bad credit is still on my credit report, therefore making my credit still bad. How do I remove it? So my credit can go back to normal at least a little bit.

The three credit bureaus are Transunion, Equifax and Experian. They all have websites with contact info and instructions on how to file disputes. Make sure that the account is actually a negative account before proceeding. Always spend time reading about credit before you start taking any action with your credit. Many people have ruined their credit by disputing accounts and such when not taking the time to read first.