Question

lcwnurse

How do I remove a judgment?
The judgment was place in 2010. In 2011 we filed bankruptcy and included judgment in bankruptcy so technically the judgment is no longer valid. Can I get the judgment removed from my credit reports? If they were to verify there would be no judgment. I already had an attorney remove it via the court along with the lien that was attached but the court stated they report judgments but do not report when judgment is lifted.

Most Helpful Response

You would need to report that the judgement was lifted yourself. File a dispute online or by mail and include supporting documentation that the judgement was removed (the court should have sent you or your attorney a letter).