Question

xfact0r3

How do I raise my score to buy a home quickly?
Ive got a fico middle score of 591. I have a couple of collections from 07 that im debating paying, but they are going to fall off my CR this year. I have a couple late payments from CapOne CC. I spoke with a rep over the phone and she said she was going to mail a letter to the credit bureau's to get it removed. How much will that impact my score. My debt ratio is great. I have a car loan thats only reporting to equifax and not the others with no late payments. Ive got the money for a down payment and can afford the payments and everything that comes with buying a home, just my score sucks. How can I improve quickly?

For starters, see if you can get a copy of your complete payment histrory of your car loan. Send the documented proof to the other bureaus of you good payment history and ask them to add it to your credit file.  Try to dispute (write a letter that the collections are not your debt/ that you are unaware of such debts)  the collections to the major credit bureaus as well. Chances are; your creditors have already gotten rid of your personal info that ties you to any debt. Most companies get rid of personal info because of the statute of limitations law..