Question

TPhoenix111

How do I raise credit score by 30 points in 6 months?
My credit score is under 600. I recently paid one of two collection accounts in full but this payment won't be reflected on my account until two months from now. How do I raise my account by 30 points in 6 months so I would have at least a 600 credit score? Is it wise to consider a line of credit?

Thank you!

Most Helpful Response

Unless you have several negative items falling off your report in the next two months, you are probably going to have to open new accounts to increase your score. 

I can tell you I was able to increase my score by about 50 points with two secured cards when I first started rebuilding.