Question

2005lexus

How do I put a fraud alert on my accounts?
I received and responded to a letter from "FirstClearing LLC" saying I had $500 in an 'abandoned property due diligence notice - action required; account number ending in 2409.... Line ID 66561. All I had to do was fill in the last four digits of my SS#, which I DID!!! This 'business' was an agent for Wells Fargo!
I also submitted copies of 2 utility bills. I faxed the documents to 877.433.9963.
Before I did any of this, I contacted my bank and was told to go to Wells Fargo and discuss it with them. They knew nothing about it. Then I called the number of FirstClearing (on the letter) and was told banks aren't familiar enough with clearing houses, etc. She's the person who told me what to submit. OK, so I guess I've been had. Apparently she was a fake, as was the number, I guess. I found it up online.
I was told by Experian to put a fraud alert on the three credit rating companies. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do that, obviously! The fax was sent on 7-29-14. The deposit to an account at Wells Fargo was made on 12/28/2009.
Could you help me put a fraud alert on all the credit ratings companies? Please. I'm in a real panic that my identity will be stolen.
Thank you,
Linda Ferguson

Most Helpful Response

TransUnion Fraud Alert

The following link will allow you to place Frand Alert at TransUnion.   They will notify the other 2 credit bureaus within 24 hours.  The alert is good for 90 days then you can renew it by going thru the same process.

https://fraud.transunion.com/?

If you want to read more information use the following link
http://www.transunion.com/personal-credit/credit-disputes/fraud-alerts.page

Links in the upper right hand corner of the page allow you to set Frand Alert like above or security freeze.

Do read before setting either of them.

Good Luck