Question

Posted in Taxes

j768018l

How do I pay for federal taxes owed?
I filed my federal and state and owe money. Credit karma asked for my bank account information, but I got an email after I finished saying I needed to go to the irs webite to pay. I'm afraid if I pay through the irs I pay twice. Does anyone know if Credit Karma will deduct it or if I have to go through irs?

The same thing happened to me and I emailed customer support and they told me I didn't pay my taxes. But surprise surprise! Their software is a buggy POS and I ended up paying the IRS twice! Lucky me!

jaqueh

Sorry what I meant is that CK's software was buggy and the CS rep couldn't even tell if I had paid my taxes or not, but I did end up originally paying on the form and then once again on the IRS website after being explicity told by CK's CS to do that too.

The taxes are owed to the IRS and that's the party to pay.  Doesn't matter who prepared the tax returns. .