Question

KoryH

How do I pay for bankruptcy, I dont have $1900 to get it started

Most Helpful Response

Have you tried a non-profit consumer credit counseling group?  If not, Google that and perhaps they can help you file BK on your own without a lawyer.  You don't have to use a lawyer if you know how to complete the forms etc.  Make sure they are non-profit before you sign anything.  Best of luck!

Consult with a bankruptcy attorney (many give free initial consultations) and listen to their advice which may lead to solutions without having to file bankruptcy.  If bankruptcy is a viable alternative, the arrangements will be made in a way that the attorney does get paid.  Many assets may have to be liquidated in order to accomplish this feat, but that is not uncommon in bankruptcy.

Remember that such action is a bad mark on your credit for at least 10 years and the claimed "fresh start" actually means totally starting over.  Been there and wish I hadn't.

KoryH

I have talked with several lawayers about it, and they all charge $1900 or more, and im looking to see if there is a way I can file and still be able to feed my daughter at the same time. I have done the trying to fix my credit thing and it would take me a lot longer to fix it than it would for a bankruptsy to fall off my credit. Thank you for your help thought, all advise is welcome