Question

silverado48

How do I notate special circumstances on my credit report?
My spouse died in 2011, resulting in the foreclosure of our home and underpayment of credit lines and loans. I have slowly but steadily been rebuilding, but not as quickly as I hoped.

How do I notate my circumstances on my credit report so lenders understand that the risk associated with extending credit to me is not as high as one might assume from my credit history?

Write a response letter to the credit bureaus explain what happend, that you would like to add the explaination to the account(s) in question.

That is called a Consumer Statement.  Just FYI.