Question

jason1970s

how do I lessen the amount of late payments shown on my credit report?

You can't change history.

It they are already being reported, they will disappear 7 years later.  There is nothing you can do to change your credit history of past late payments.  Just make sure all future payments get in on time.   

tbdc

Becareful using any company claiming they can help you.... I have found that you get nothing all the while they are taking your money. I would check ANY company with the BBB.

Lexington Law

If you can afford it it's worth trying for three or four months and see how they do. I have had success but you must get involved and be proactive.