Question

DaveF1953

How do I know which type of bankruptcy I filed?
I thought did the one that I did was supposed to come off after 7 years, but I sit at 8 years and it still is not gone. I REALLY want to get it off my record if I can. I paid my dues for a failed financial success due to two divorces.

Ok, Equifax says Chapter 7 -- What is time it will be on my record?

It should be on the papers and you should have copies of them.  If you were [making monthly payments to a bankruptcy trustee, then you filed under Chapter 13, also known as Wage Earner's Repayment Plan.  If you have not been making those payments, it was a Chapter 7 and the notation of the bankruptcy remains on your credit reports for 10 years.