Question

RicardoCenteno

How do I know if my score dropped due to a wrong collection put under my name?
I had great credit, but I hadn't checked my score for a few years now. There was a collection put on my account with someone else the same name as mine, I have documentation that it was wrong and spoke with merchant to remove me from the collection. After today, I checked my credit score and my score is extremely low. How do I know or how do I fix what has happened? Also, the collection does not show on my account.

Most Helpful Response

credit complaint

You have call yhem and explain them what matter was. You have to tell exactly what had happened.

you have to look at your credit report. if the invalid collection is the only negative thing, then you have your answer. to get it removed you must get copies of all three credit reports, and start the dispute process.