Question

Catsmeow9315

How do I know if my identity is stolen or being used.
I have noticed in the past weird addresses associated with my name but couldn't find anything other than that, but today I got an email congratulating me on refinancing my mortgage that I do not have and found possible loans under my name. Is there a place I can find all this information to see if it really is associated with me

Go to annualcreditreport.com,get copies of all three credit reports which you will take the time to thoroughly go over, and file disputes on all items that are not yours with the credit bureau showing them. Do this annually.  And don't be carrying your Social Security card with you since you seldom have to show it.  Keep it locked in a safe place.

Might have just been a scam email and not legit. I suggest looking at all three credit reports (transunion, equifax and experian) to see if there are any accounts on there that you don't know about. Just keep an eye on your credit reports from time to time and you should be ok. There are companies out there that sell additional protection for identity theft, like "LifeLock". I have no idea if they are good or not though.