Question

lautery

how do i know if i should refinance my home? currently at 5.8% and want to save money
I have been hearing how low the rates are now for buying a home and I wonder if I should refinance to save money. How to I decide on a lender and if it's worth doing?

Most Helpful Response

My suggestion would be to talk to family and friends and see if they can recommend a good loan officer.  Then you can discuss your refinance options, and see if it makes sense. Generally I advise people to pay close attention to the number of years left on their current mortgage, and the number of years on the new mortgage.  Wouldn't make much sense to go from 5.8% with 20 years left, to 3.75% for 30 years, you would save money but would be losing the 10 years you've already paid on your mortgage.

If you are in Ohio, feel free to click on my profile and contact me.  Thanks.