Question

pklippen

How do I know if a collections is removed for good?
I was sent to collections 2 years ago by Cox Communications. Recently, I contacted the debt collector (Credit Control Corp) by sending them a pay-for-delete proposition in the mail. They responded by showing me what they have as proof for the debt (debt validation). The proof they showed were a couple of screen shots from an alleged Cox Communications compuer, showing that I have a balance (the balance differs slightly from what was reported to the credit bureaus). This morning when I checked my Credit Karma profile, the collections are showing as "Removed" from both CK bureaus and my score has greatly improved. What is going on here? Is my account going to be updated with the collections showing as "disputed" or am I in the clear?

Most Helpful Response

It is really hard to say. If you want to apply for any credit now may be the time to do it. It could possible be gone forever, but it also could have been sold to another collector and that is why they pulled it down. You may never see it again or you could see it pop up with a new collection company claiming the debt. I wish you the best luck on this.