Question

drm121766

how do i improve my credit scores?

Most Helpful Response

Fixing credit report

Well you want to keep all your credit card balances below 25%... So if you have an available credit of 500 then make sure to keep the balance used at less than 125.00. Dispute anything on your credit report that doesn't seem right. Make an agreement with the people you owe. Let them know u will pay outstanding balance of they agree to remove the negative marks from your report all together. Pay your bills on time and never late. A late payment can show against you for 7 years. Don't have too may credit cards open or loans. Income to debt ratio really matters. Hope this helped! 

onboard00

how many credit cards open is too many?  Enter Your Reply

Credit report

Does anyone know why your credit scores drop and noithing changes on your reports? I have no late payments and my transunion dropped 68 points and my equifax dropped 88 points everything is the same on my credit reports.

bonnie

I have lots of credit cards

I have lots of credit cards mostly ones I don't use. Does it hurt my credit by having too many credit cards. Thank you, Robert Chamberlin

scores are not the same

I am on another credit minitoring site, the scores over there are A LOT more than what this place say they are.Like over on the  other one, its a 715, here it  says only a 612..doesn't make ant sense.

Snoogums79

What site are you on that shows them better as I have credit monitoring on most of my credit cards and they are quite a bit higher than credit karma?

No More Credit Score Hogwash

Can anyone explain why my score has been negatively affected by accounts/creditors who have been paid in full? Also how can I get these items off my report,  there are items from the a certain loan company that is showing up several times for the same bill which has also had a negative impact on my score..  Its really shameful and unfair to consumers who do what they can to pay off their debt only to be shunned after doing so.. Give those trying to be more responsible a break..  Jeez!!!!

Everytime i apply for credit it goes against me.how do i build my credit if everytime i try it goes against me

Skateboarding2

I got carried away applying for credit cards. It is best to wait at least 6 months before trying for another card. Also I have found that Comenity Bank is a great start Victoria Secrets and Express . Yet I wasn't approved for the Sportsman Guide Visa. Also I was told by my bank not to go over 30% of the credit line.

Fixing credit report

Stephanie Garcia

why did my credit score drop over 42 points?

Years ago when I got married I checked my wifes credit report because she had never seen it, oh what fun. She had 45 accounts open. That's way to many. In her case it was mostly store cards so I had her close about 20 store cards.  She would get them when ever there was an offer of 25% off your first purchase, free this and that. A guy at work after hearing my story checked his wife credit report and she had beat mine at 52 accounts open. LOL>  If that's your case then yes you need to get rid of the little accounts.

Yes to many open accounts does hurt your credit.   

Read all the articles provided in this website.