Question

Sapper12Bangbang

How do I have bad credit with only one missed a payment?
I have only missed one payment in my life, and every loan I've gotten has been paid off. I dont understand, I want to get a house to put down some roots after many years in the military and I cant with my junk credit score. I've heard having more available credit will help increase my score, but no one will approve me with my bad score.

Most Helpful Response

without knowing your score.....or more info I can only give a general response.......My Aunt missed one payment on December 26th you can figure out why hahaha payment showed up the 27th but because of holiday bank didn't deliever it on time.....anyhow long story short she a has a credit score of 805 has about 3 credit cards and 1 car loan no mortgage and 12 years of credit history.......MY POINT is that missing one payment isn't the reason your score is so low there are other factors such as lines of credit and age of accounts also as long as you have a 620 credit score and your debt to income ration is 40% MAX ie:you take home $3,000 per month your monthly bills should not exceed $1200 to get approved for a mortgage and the bbiggest house you can afford is (5x yearly salary...so $36,000x5= $180,000 MAX)........Solutions take out a cash secured loan with a bank smallest amount is $2,000 it will freeze up $2,000 but if you put it in a seperate checking account and have the bank do an auto pay its easy score enhancement don't forget to throw in like $150 for interest.....Solution 2 Apply for Capital one card they will approve anyone with a pulse go for there lowest tier card there website will give you  good indicator.....Solution 3 if solution 2 fails apply for a secured card from orchard or premier first will be extremely expensive but if you can't do 1 and 2 turns you down your only option with your crappy credit....you only have your self to blame for being finanacially irresponsible....(82% utilization here and still have a score of 736 woot woot)