Question

Hammer1669

How do I handle accounts that I never new existed?
I have accounts that were sent to collections yet I was never billed by the account originator. How do I handle these accounts?

Write letters to all three credit bureaus and the collector and ask them to prove the accounts are yours.  See what kind of info they send you.  Once they verify who the original creditor was,  you can write them and state it should never have gone to collections because they never billed you.  It will take lots of letters and some time, but with persistence you will prevail.  With any luck, the accounts may drop off and not be an issue at all.  Best of luck!