Question

Thelordknowsbest7

How do I handle a paid open collection for renting?
paid an open rental collections the was sent to a collection agency on 04/05. However, I recently received a job offer and needed to apply for an apartment last week. The collection is paid and I can provide proof. However, it is still listed as open on my credit report. The leasing agent has informed me that my rental application is on the apartment manager's desk awaiting final approval an deposit amount. Should I inform the leasing agent about the collection? And, provide them with proof of the payment?

Will the new landlord run your credit? If not, you probably wouldn't want to bring this up. But if they do credit checks you may have some trouble even with the proof of payment. I would consider disputing the account with the credit bureaus for showing an incorrect balance and hope that it gets removed rather than corrected. It is up to you on whether to contact the new landlord with the information that the collection was paid and that you have proof, I probably would do this if I were you, but I wouldn't expect to be approved with the bad record.