Question

Chicago1949

how do i go about finding a resolution on a medical bill i was wrongly charged and effecting my CR .
This has been haunting my credit score for five years Medicare agreed the testing Co.was at fault.For 1 telling me test was approved with Aut.for pymt. 2 did not receive a bill for 5 mo.after test which was two months to late for me to response to Medicare guidelines. A year ago a collection agency called me,I explained this whole mess to them,and would gladly seek legal advice.They wanted nothing to do with this collection. That was the only time in five years anyone has tried to collect on this account but it shows on my credit score its up for collection. HELP