Question

Gabby24Bry

How do I go about financing a car with my poor credit score?
I've been trying to get a new car with payment amounts that I can actually afford. But I'm getting asked for a co-signer. I want to do this on my own. Any advice?

Would you consider a used car?

A new car will typically cost $15,000 at its lowest. If you need a co-signer it's because your credit is bad or very thin. My recommendation if you want to do this on your own is to visit your local trusted independent dealership and ask them if they can assist you. Be prepared by taking the following. Current driver license, current paycheck stub, proof of residency such as a utility bill, 6 personal references, proof of auto insurance, and at least 10% cash down. The more down you have down, the better chance you won't need a co-signer. Your rate may be on the high side, but it appears you might be ok with that on the condition there is no co-signer. Hope this helps a bit.