Question

semelbauerlk

How do I get the old SallieMae loans off of my credit score since it was moved to Navient?
It appears I have double the amount in student loans right now, but I do not since sallie mae moved my accounts to Navient.

How can I fix this?

relief from salliemae loan

I used a debt consolidation group it did not cost any money to do this im disabled with no means to pay off the loan he was able to send my salliemae loans through the board of education and they was able to clear my debt off my credit history but he was not able to do anything about my fed loans though but im working on that now ....Hope this helps a debt consolidation group can help you without a fee you just check them out until you find the one that will help  you out for no money the way he did it is he will take all your salliemae loans and put them together then send you some paper work for you to sign and mail back to him then he sends it to the board of education and your  loans will be gone for good, good luck on your search ...

Niky717

What did you submit to the board of education? I am so overwhelmed with Sallie Mae! I have disputes pending by the credit bureau and a law firm helping me to get it off! It's closed and accruing interest and reported every two weeks!! It's horrible and it is the only bad thing on my credit report!! Please help!! 

Most Helpful Response

It usually takes a couple of billing cycles to report an account is closed. Has the update been made on your account yet? It should have by now, mine have. If not, I would dispute the amount directly with the credit bureaus and ask to mark them as closed. 

File bankruptsy on them, they just want you to think you cant file on student loans when actually you can.

Sallie Mae

I was recently told that you have to call Sallie Mae/Navient and ask them to take your negative score off your credit report.  They will not do it automatically.  And they will only do this once you have completed a rehabilitation or some other type of repayment program.  I am on temporary disability (so I will not qualify for full discharge).  In my experience, as long as you stay in contact with Sallie Mae, they will work with you on your options.

Bureau Disputes

I have had some luck and to some degree by simply continuing to submit disputes with the CB's. Some have gone away, while others have been resolute such as USA. Keep at it. I am currently working directly with the company's Navient, Dept Of ED, Dept of ED/Sallie Mae, and USA Funds. I have one year left and everything else is stellar except these. I am hoping they will be forgiving based on the short time and my disabilities.

Students loans

I had filed a disability discharge to have my loans discharged and there still showing up on my credit report and this is like the third time I sent in the loan discharge papers certified and still waiting to find out what they plan on doing since I had my doctor sign stating I can't work due to certain limitTions preventing me from obtaining work