Question

trxxx250r

How do I get the derogatory "Settled - less than full balance" removed? Creditor no longer in biz.
I short sold my home in 2012, the investor paid the bank a negotiated amount and the deal was done. However, on equifax and I think experian the account shows paid but with a remark "settled - less than full balance. It's seriously hurting my otherwise PERFECT credit. Equifax has me at 726 Experian about the same where Transunion that does not report that account has me at 816. That said, how can I get this removed from my reports? I tried calling the listed number for the bank (OCWEN/HOMEWARD RESIDENTIAL, TX) but the number just rings and it's a cell phone. I'm pretty sure the bank is out of business. How would I go about getting this derogatory remark removed if the bank is no longer operating?

Thank you for any help!

Write a letter to the Credit Bureau(s) reporting the item.  Ask them to check the validity of the item in question as you feel there may be some inaccuracies listed from the creditor.... If they are out of business and do not have a way to contact them; the Bureau(s) will have no excuse but to legally delete if from your report within 30 days...