Question

CountryMom

How do I get something that is wrong off my credit report?
I have a neg on my report for a CC I had over 8 yrs ago it had 0 bal @ time of bnkrptcy but showed up on bnkrptcy anyway have sent letters to all 3 cred. bureaus but remains what can I do?

Most Helpful Response

Contact the creditor and ask for a full payment history of the account.  If they do show that it was zero at the time you filed, then provide that info back to the creditor and to all three credit bureaus (just visit their websites) to dispute the way it is being reported.  If you have your list of creditors from the BK filing, provide that as well to show they were not listed.  Be persistent, it may take 2-3 months to get it fixed.  

Because it showed on your bankruptcy, it will continue being shown on the credit report for a total of ten years.  The zero balance makes its listing insignificant.  It is the fact of your having filed a bankruptcy that puts the negative on your report.