Question

KatieEighty

How do I get rid of deliquent accounts on my report, that are over 7 years old?
I have 2 negative reports for deliquent accounts, but one of these was closed 8 years ago, the other 10 years ago. Why are these still showing up on my credit report? ANd how do I get rid of them?

Most Helpful Response

Hi

Pull a credit report from each bureau, that is step one. Then dispute incorrect information on your reports with the bureaus. Tell them the debt is past the statute of limitations 7 year period. There is instruction on each bureau's site of how to file a dispute. There is Transunion, Equifax and Experian. Make sure you print your report, it will have a number on it you will need for the dispute process.