Question

Nyadu

How do I get rid of a Ghost account on my equifax..
** do I get rid of a ghost account on my equifax credit report.. It shows a balance of $124 which I absolutely have no problem paying. but it only shows a partial account number, No Phone Number and No Creditor Address" so its balance and partial account number, that's it... All advice is appreciated!!!!

Most Helpful Response

File a dispute!!

Any time you find something on your credit reports that just doesn't agree with your KNOWN obligations, file a dispute with the reporting credit bureau. They have to inivestigate and either verify or remove that item.  Make it a habit to check all 3 credit reports every year to make sure all information on them is correct.