Question

Mzbeccaleigh

How do I get public record removed from my credit report?
I paid off my tax lein in 2007 why is it still negative on my credit report? How do I make it go away?

Most Helpful Response

Seven years is the number.

Most items will "fall off" your credit report in seven years.  The exception to this is bankruptcy, which will be reported for 10 years.  So you should see this tax lein drop off sometime next year.  I know, you'd like it to disappear immediately (been there) but patience is the key. 

public record removed from credit report

I thjought that if I called the attorneys who sued and place this in public records they would take some kind of steps and fix this after all payments was made and return my credit to the state it was in