Question

Sarax614

How do I get past student loan debt when applying for a mortgage?
I want to apply for a mortgage but I have over $60,000 in student loan debt. I am a teacher and qualify for loan forgiveness AND income-based repayment. I only pay $100/ month. Mortgage companies are calculating my student loan payment as $700 or 1% of my student loan debt. Is there anyway around this "1% rule"? The only loan that is not calculated this way is VA.

Sorry I cannot help you with this as I am uneducated in this area. The forum here is pretty inactive, I suggest checking out the community at myfico as there are many more people on there and it is a more active community than here.