Question

kelseyjlang

How do I get paid off, closed accounts from years ago off my report?

Most Helpful Response

credit karma help?

the only answer I see for questions regarding, how do I get old credit cards off my report, is to print a letter, mail it in and hope for the best.  What? Really?  these bureau's have always made it extremely difficult to even contact them let alone change anything. I don't see help from CK in this area.

I too have old old cards on there, some with missed payments.  How do I get them to drop all the accounts that are closed and should be off my rerport?  My acct. isn't updated in that regard at all, but the all powerful credit bureaus will screw us out of interest points, borrowing ability and then not take care that their info. is up to date.  ridiculous.  A computer program could pull off all the accounts over 7 years old that are " allowed" to be pulled off.

thank you!

They will fall off after 7 years, or you could always try a goodwill letter (google it for examples if you are not familiar), but it is not a guarantee that they will do it.

bafinchum

I have a JC Penney card that hasn't been used in 10 or 12 years showing on mine.  JC Penney cannot even find the first clue that I ever even had a card with them.  They told me to talk to the credit bureau to get it removed. It is still on there--with a zero balance--but still....

Target card

I have a target card showing up since 2005 still to this day. lol

discover card not mine

discovered card in dead husband's name only (he has been  gone over 7 years) listed on my account   Account paid off before he passed and my name was NEVER on it.

I have closed accounts in good standing 15 years old. why?

Kay Jewelers

I have a KAy jewelers card that was never used, closed on January 1 2013 and still shows on my credit as closed account. I have another card that I never used but closed this May and it is still appearing as Closed by consumers request. Why does it take so long for these unused accounts to be taken off? I'm failrly new to having credit and keeping tabs on it so I'm confused on who to call to get these taken of. Can anyone please help?