Question

bootsandbinkiecats123

How do I get old accounts off my records that don't belong because they suppose to be off?
They have been discharge and 0 balance as of July 29, 2015 can you take them off.

Maurices

There was a billing mistake (by the company) so they cancelled the account, which was ok with me, but it is still being on the credit report.  In the past, I have cancelled cards and had no problem.  Am I doing something wrong?

Paid accounts remain reported for 7 years as part of your credit history. That is fully explained in the articles on this site that teaches how credit works, and they are well worth reading.   

How did you come to the conclusion that account suppose to be off your report? Is because it's beyond the reportable date or you have in writing that account suppose to be removed?

56knittinggirl

I thought I had it in writing.