Question

dmoney127

How do I get my score from 767 to 800+?
I am 25 and have had a credit card for 5 years now. The limit on my card is $6,000 and I have a credit utilization rate < 2%. I have never missed a payment. This is the only cc I have.

Although my current FICO score is good (767), I am wondering why it is not higher? Based on how I have been very responsible with my card, I figured that I would be near the top of the score range. To get to a score of 800+, does it just take time? Or higher credit limits?

We can't tell you "do X to get Y points".

Why is an 800 a must?  Best terms are generally offered at 740-760.

If you only have 1 card you probably have a thin profile.  Read up on the various credit factors.  Most take time and responsible usage to build.