Question

bulldogjeff

How do I get my rent payment to an individual to show up on my credit report?
I have been paying rent of $1600 for 3 1/2 years but it does not show up on my credit. How can I get this to show up and hopefully improve my credit score?

Most Helpful Response

Hello! Unfortunately, this type of payment is rarely included on a credit report. Only your creditors can report your accounts to a credit bureau. Your landlord would need to pay a credit bureau to report this information, and is unlikely to do so. There are other ways to build credit, however, such as loans and credit cards. You can read more about building credit here on the Credit Karma site.