Question

timsgal69

How do I get my name off my ex-husband's car loan?
My ex-husband and I purchased 2 new vehicles when we were still married and our names are on both loans. We later divorced and are each making payments on our own vehicles. However, I want my name taken off his loan because I have made my payments on time and he is late on payments which impacts my credit score. How do I go about removing my name from his loan?

Most Helpful Response

Hopefully, there is a page in the divorce decree stating who will be responsible for what debts.  Now, joint accounts are going to be on both credit reports for 7 years after the date of this dissolution because they were shared by both parties, but afterwards, you should have separate accounts showing.