Question

trustme

how do I get my ex-wife off my oldest card without ruining my credit?
When we got a divorce, I took my card and my wife took hers. Unfortunately, I found that she was listed as a co-owner on my card. So to get her off of it, I would need to cancel the card and reapply. I fear that this will wreck havoc with my credit score. The card company does not have another solution. They suggested contacting Equifax, etc., but there is no way to talk with anyone there. Anyone have a tip on wh

The credit card company can change the opening date of the new card, or at least show the date since you've been a client. I applied for an American Express card a couple years ago (2013), and a few months later they  indicated on my credit report and the website I'd been a client since 1992!  (I don't know if my then husband had added me on his account back then or what.)

Oh, ask them to transfer the limit, not just close the account and open another one.