Question

psycstudent

How do I get my credit to go from Good 700+ to Excellent at 750+??
I have had "good" credit around 700 for the past 5 years and would like to get it up to the next bracket in "excellent" credit. I have $0 in debt and use my credit cards monthly so there is activity on the account, but i pay them off monthly (and on time) so I am not charged interest.

My overview of my credit says that I need more diverse debt, in the form of auto or mortgage, but I can't buy a good house with a mediocre credit score!

My only other option would be to take out student loans, but I don't even need them! Would this increase my score dramatically or am I better off just paying on time and hope it inches closer to that 750 mark?

How do I increase instead of plateau???

Thanks!

Most Helpful Response

Loans

If you really want to get that mix of credit, you can go to a credit union and get a secured loan for about 2%. I also had the same problem and did it last year took out a $500 loan cost like 6$ in interest and all the payments are done automaticaly and reported to all 3 bureaus, and now have a loan reported on my credit.

And by the way, even if you pay in full every month, they sill look at the utilization rate of your closing balance. So if you use it alot and would like to keep the utilization down you can make your payments before the statement closes.