Question

happyasiwannabe27

how do i get my credit score to go up in 2 years
my credit score is 611 which is poor. what can i do to raise it. i tried not using my cards till i pay them off but yesterday and today i had to use them. when is this viscious cycle going to end?

Most Helpful Response

Well atleast you know it will take time to raise your Credit Score. There is no quick fix that is for sure.

* need to get to a point were the credit cards are paid off monthly. To get there it come down to Needs and Wants. I gave up cable TV 3 years ago, only pay 19.95 for DSL internet access and home phone is with a magic jack. net10 prepaid cell phone for emergency calls. It comes down to the choices you make. When my DSL came due last year told them I wanted to cancel so they kept the rate the same for another year. Get yourself on a Budget and stick with it.

Don't miss any payments ever !
Pay down the accounts as fast as you can and keep them paid off.

Leave the Cards at home if you have to.

How much intrest have you paid over the last year, add it up from all the cards. would could you have done with those monies? would be a nice little savings acct.

Set a goal on how long it will take you to pay the cards off and keep them paid off for 2 or 3 months and at that time you will be ready for the next step.

Good luck you can do it! also a lot of people here to talk with. you are not alone.