Question

missattitude213

How Do I Get Help With Collections To Get Them Off My Credit Reports?
I have a couple of items in on a collection agency but due to moving around I dont have to paperwork pertaining to the collections, how would i go about getting the information i need for the items in collection so i can work on paying them off so they can be removed from my credit report.. I want to have better credit so that someday i can buy a house

Paying them off does NOT remove them from your credit reports unless you are able to obtain a "Pay For Delete Agreement" prior to paying. Usually with one of these agreements you will have to pay the amount in full at once. You need to figure out what the "Statute of Limitations" is in your state to be sued for debt and find out if you can still be sued for these debts or not. Most negative accounts will only be on your credit reports for seven years from the time the original account became delinquent (federal loans and such are exempt from this). Do some reading on the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) to make sure the collection company is not in violation in any way, if they are, contact an attorney that handles FDCPA cases.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It sounds like you are considering contacting the debt collector to set up some type of payment agreement, I strongly advise AGAINST doing that, until you are fully educated about the entire matter and how things work with old debts. Do as much reading as you can on this matter in addition to all other credit topics, if you want to get your credit in a great state, you need to know what you are doing. Any questions along the way, please feel free to ask, but make sure you do extensive reading on credit, doing so will mean a brighter future for you.