Question

chrissy54

how do i get fom 530 credit score to 650

Most Helpful Response

Visit www.naca.com to get a home without credit score, no down payment, no closing costs and great interest rates.  They are a legit non profit group.

Raise Score

Pull your credit reports from all 3 bureaus and carefully check for any deragotory listings and public records. File disputes with the bureaus for any errors. Take a look at your payment history on all open accounts and be sure to make any and all payments on time going forward if you have not already. Check your credit utilization and try to lower your total credit card use to 20% or less by paying off any debt. It is said that 30% is the magic number but I have found that 20% works well. Also keep any individual accounts as low as you can so that you are not approaching your limits. I did all of these things over time and in 14 months I have increased my score by over 100 points. Just stick to task, be diligent, and above all be patient. It won't happen overnight. Good luck. 

JunoBeachGirl

Thank you for the advise.

Let me ask you, I have seveal old debts that are $90.00 or $85.00 and under $150.00 dollars on my credit report causing me to have a low credit. 

I'm in a positon now, that I can start even thinking and planning to start paying back some of the additional debts. 

I have paid back 2 big debts over the past year or so, and I see now on my credit report these small ones I wasn't aware of and they are several years old. 

I was going to contact each of the creditors, I know they have been passed along to many 3rd parties, however, their number shows up, so I was going to contact them and offer them an amount to close the account. 

A friend of mine suggested that I do that, or worst case I pay the full amount, one at a time. 

Do you recommend this or any other options you can recommend?

Thank you! Pamela 

how do i get frpm a credit score from 530 to 650 to morgage a home.